Friday, December 12, 2008

A little something for Mo...


My cousin Moriah is 18. She is sweet and funny and extremely popular. She is on the swim team and the volleyball team and has a boyfriend whom she has dated for over a year now...maybe even two years. I should ask her. Anyway. My point is...she still makes time to bail me out when I am in dire straits and need a night out. Despite her hectic and busy schedule, she rarely tells me NO when I ask her to please, please, please sit for my heathens. When I am sure there are times when she could think of a million more interesting things to do! In fact, she rarely even lets me pay her...usually in fact, only when I can stuff money in her coat pocket on her way out the door...

I wanted to do something for her this Christmas to let her know how much we appreciate her. Bradan and Kenzie love her so much and she is great with them. So I set out to make her a journal (she loved the ones I did for bible study a few months back when I showed them to her for an opinion) and ended up doing a tin, a mini notebook and a set of monogrammed cards. She comes to my stamp club so I know she loves crafty things. I just hope they turned out "hip" enough for her ;)

She wouldn't tell me otherwise, but...still I hope I got it right! Here is a close up of the tin, you can't tell in this picture but there is shimmerz (angel wings...thanks Rach) on the soft sky circle. It gives it a nice subtle glitz. I am in love with that stuff!


The top, you can see the shimmerz on the paper here and on the flowers also...



A close up of the nicely shimmery flowers. Did I mention I love that stuff? Wow it is so easy to use (just a regular paintbrush works fine) and TADA. A great addition to any project.



the A2 box I made using a tutorial found on Splitcoaststampers. I used Fancy Pants KEWL papers for this entire project. I had a ton of them left over from last year's purchase and I thought they would be great colors for a college bound chick. You thinks??? I doubt you can find KEWL leftover anywhere but the About a Boy line rocks. Check it out at Jacksonbelle Embellishments


Monogrammed cards. Very simply done. I didn't want them to be costing her a fortune to send from college and we all know how the post office is in LOVE with us card makers. It's getting ridiculous what they will try to charge to send a card! I used my Just Rite Stampers for the borders and the letters. They work great with Nestabilities!



The journal. This is just a $1 composition book from the "everything's a $1" store. The insides are covered with kiwi kiss SU! paper and there is also a ribbon that can be used as a page marker and a separate ribbon at the back for the matching pen. Yes, I know the "M" is too close to the edge. I used the SU Sticky Cut letters and the darn thing touched the page when I was trying to line it up. OOOPS! I had to make do...but AH....here is the matching pen as well...

6 comments:

Tammi said...

It's a beautiful gift Kris, she'll love it!!

Kimberly said...

What a great gift!!!! Love the papers you used and all the ribbon on the tin!

Jane said...

What a beautifull gift! Luff the shimmerz!!!
It's not a spray, but a powder?
Love the colors too!

Kiss kiss

Rachel Hope said...

Awesome gift set!!! You ROCKED it!

Taylored Greetings said...

It is GORGEOUS! I am sure she will LOVE it!!!

Anna said...

Great set! She's gonna love all of it! I love making that card box set too! She sounds like a super sweet girl!