Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A trip to the museum and kids say the darndest things....

Today we met my sister in law and niece in the next county to the north and went to their tiny version of a children's museum. It was only $6 per person to get in and we spent 3 hours going through all the exhibits. It was quiet, clean and a lot of fun.

Here the kids are playing with the trains


And the girls dressed up in kimonos in Japan. It was quite the cultural area. With the tatami rooms separated by the rice paper walls.



Bradan in the GIANT toilet. They had this exhibit that was a house that you could climb through the walls and stuff. This toilet led down into the "sewer" system of the house and ended up with a slide. It was a lot of fun. Even mom got flushed! :)


They also had a magnetic table with gears that you could put together and make work. Giant checkers, a garden, finger paints, dance dance revolution, virtual biking and speed cups.


And this face, it's a good thing I love this face...after the museum we went to McDonalds for lunch. Here is the conversation that took place between Bradan and I.



Bradan: I'm done.
Me: Eat your chicken nuggets.
Bradan: But mommy I'm full.
Me: Eat your chicken nuggets.
Bradan: But mommy if I keep eating my belly will get really big...(wait for it....wait for it...)
LIKE YOURS.

My sister in law Sam nearly shot coke out her nose. I was of course mortified. By the truth. But still, mortified. I need to remember this to help me with my diet....

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Dang, LOL, you just gotta luff him :)
I'm giggling at the toilet picture. Sounds and looks like a neat place to visit!

Anna said...

Oh, my gosh! Look at that toilet! I wanna go there! That's too funny! Bet your son could hit that from the counter top with no problems!

Tammi said...

OMGosh that toilet one, lol!! I love the way you write, I always get a chuckle! :) Looks like a fun time for everyone.