Thursday, October 30, 2008

My undying love to the Pioneer Woman, very belated cards, and things Kenzie does that I'm not supposed to know about...

I am in love with the Pioneer Woman. Please do not fret, my husband knows of this latest infatuation and I think he may hold a special place in his heart for her as well.

She has a plethora of things on her site for all different kinds of people and their interests, photography, cooking, homeschooling, home and garden stuff. Me, I read it all...because I love her.

She introduced me to these potatoes and not only are they easy. They are so flippin good that I don't know what to do with myself when I start eating them. I don't know how to stop! Easy and Yummy could explain why I need to lose 20 lbs....but I digress. I don't totally blame Ree for my waistline, as previously mentioned Chelle has some blame there as well! :)

Hot Crash Potatoes



Boil in salted water as many washed new potatoes as you'd like to serve. Once they are soft remove from water and place on a sheet that has been drizzled with EVOO. I use a fork to split the potatoes and "smash" them. Ree uses a potato masher, I say use whatever the heck you have that looks like it might work.

Then drizzle your potatoes with EVOO, sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper and whatever herb floats your boat. I am partial to parsley. Really, I don't think there is a wrong answer.

Bake at 425* for about 20-25 minutes or until they get a little crispy around the edges. Trust me, you want them brown and crispy. It makes all the difference in the world.

I dare you to eat just one.

Go on, try. I dare you.



Also, I participated in a Halloween swap with my fellow Losties, we each sent an image, card stock, and patterned paper enough for each person participating and then all created a card from the same elements. I think there were 15 in all. I sent some of mine out without taking pictures. DUH. But here are a few pictures of the ones I remembered to snap from.



Maggie's Kit



Justine's Kit



Debbie's Kit


Tammi's Kit (the sword is silver ep and the hat is flocked)


Kim's Kit

Amanda's Kit (I couldn't get a good picture without glare on the acetate)


Jeannie's Kit (the belly is stickled and popped up on dimensionals)

Liz's Kit

Lastly, Kenz got ahold of my camera last night and here are what her pictures look like...

what is this anyway???


and HOW does she manage to take pictures of herself???

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

LOL on Kenzie's pics. Love your cards! I like the little side walks you did!!!