Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Space Cadet...are you surprised??

OK so I totally never made it back here to post my chili recipe and announce a winner from the last post. Jess...of course as my most favorite food connesiour you were right. Who could possible know me and not guess CHILI!

So I'll save my chili recipe and my chili pictures for another day, but Jess your goodie prize is on the way!

I gotta tell y'all a story (bout a man named Jed...) not really but dang it do you ever do that? Say a word or sentence and start singing? I do it all the time. Some people might call me crazy...(I could do it again but I won't)

Anyway so Kenz and Bradan started Sunday school at our new church. Peace Lutheran in Seymour in case anyone was wondering. www.seymourpeacelutheran.com It's awesome. I've never been one to LIKE going to church or to even really get anything out of it but I just feel so at home here. I enjoy going and love that my kids love it. So anyway back to my point about Sunday school.

The first day I drop the kids off, they are in the same class. I quickly introduce the kids to the teacher amongst the uproar of little children playing excitedly and take off for adult bible study.

Fast forward to later, after the donuts. (Yup, donuts and coffee between Sunday school and church service, how cool is that???) Miss Leta the Sunday School teacher comes up to me and says "I'm sorry what did you say your daughter's name was?"

Kenzie. Kenzie Jane. She might say it's Janie. She's got a few names. *chuckle*

She says to me "That's right, ok. Well I asked her what her name was during class and she told me it was Punkin' Pie. So I asked her brother and he said "You heard her it's Punkin' Pie"

I've called Kenz my Punkin' Pie for as long as I can remember. She's gotten to the point where if I don't call her that before bed, she will cry. I have to say "g'nite punkin' pie I love you" last thing before I close her door. TOO CUTE.

'cept, now she's telling teachers it's her REAL name. (she actually says that. It's my REAL name, my nickname is just Kenzie Jane) I can see her wedding announcements now...

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

LOL. Now that's cute. I love Bradan's comment too :)

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh! Too funny!!

Woohoo! Winnah!!

Tammi said...

LOL, that's adorable! I can't wait to see those announcements! ;)

And that's sad you never got anything out of a church you went too, hope this one is better in that area. Hugs!