Thursday, August 21, 2008

All I need is the Air that I breathe...

and an internet connection, an IV of coca-cola and an unlimited supply of Triscuits. Oh ok, I also actually need television, air conditioning...who am I kidding? The older I get and the more I like to think that I am a pretty low maintenance chick the more I realize I'm not.

I try to be, but I think my low maintenance facade is more laziness than anything actually...benevolent. For instance I spend most days sans make-up and hair products. Why? Because it would involve time and effort to put it on. However I must admit when I do, it never takes me more than 5 minutes from start to finish. Again, too lazy to take care. I love that my husband tells me he likes me better without makeup, it gives me VALIDATION for my laziness and hey, who doesn't love a little validation?

I have made it a serious goal of mine to become LESS lazy. (Is that even good grammar?) I am spending less time on the computer and more time on my house and with my kids. I think I've been doing a pretty darn good job too. My laundry stays caught up, my floors get vacuumed and if the kids spill...ok well I still throw a towel over it until I am ready to get to it but we're taking baby steps here people. Baby steps.

I have tried to read more and watch TV less. Now that we're headed into football season I may have a hard time with that because besides being low maintenance in my dreams. I'm a HUGE football fan. I didn't even know what the heck the big deal was about football until 6 years ago but now I spend more time than the average American male in front of the TV, internet, and magazines watching or reading about football. But that, is a story for a different day!

No comments: