Thursday, September 11, 2008

5 minute Chocolate Cake

My friend Rachel sent me this recipe in email today and Chocolate Fanatic that I am, I had to make it. So once I finished my yummy chili for lunch. I set into trying out this quick and easy recipe.

The promise? Chocolate Cake in 5 minutes from my microwave. Now what PMS-ing chick wouldn't love to have that in her back pocket? Don't get me wrong *if* it's good, I'm sure it would work other times as well but seriously? Aunt Flo is PISSING you off and you don't want to wait 40 minutes for the prep and oven baking of brownies (my personal favorite) 5 minute chocolate cake.

SA-WEET.

Here's the recipe:

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

1 Coffee Mug
4 tablespoons flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to share!)



Here are the results

Straight from the microwave



On a plate



Damn the luck I'm out of frosting! And...I don't feel like making any, but I would recommend having some on hand. Also, watch the cake, I think I overcooked mine a bit. I nearly took it at 2:15 (my microwave is 1500 watts I think) but I didn't and it's a bit dense.

Also, I only had EVOO and I poured in more than a dash of vanilla. It's pretty decent cake as is, but it's not TO DIE FOR. I will be trying again with all the right ingredients and pulling it out a bit sooner. Cuz you know we all hate when we forget to pull out til it's too late!

2 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

Hmmmmm, even if it isn't the BEST I may have to try it since it is so quick and easy!!! Thanks for trying it out for us! :) Way to Take one for the Team!

Jessica said...

LMAO!!!! Pulling it out too late can lead to a big scare!