Thursday, September 4, 2008

I want a new TV...

Brian has had our television since 1993. It's one of the old school projection big screens. For its age its still got a GREAT picture and there is nothing like playing Wii on a 56" screen...but lately there is something weird going on with the sound.

We'll be watching and all of the sudden it will go completely silent yet no one is anywhere near a remote. Or it will turn up SOOOO LOUD that it makes you want to rip your ears off because you can feel your eardrums shattering in slow motion.

We've been dealing with it, we don't watch a ton of TV in this room so it's not a terribly big deal. However, today I think I may have scarred my children for life. See we just found The Spiderwick Chronicles game for Wii at Circuit City in their bargain bin. Have you seen the movie? If not I'll give you a brief rundown. It's about this kid who moves into his uncles spooky old mansion unearths his journal and discovers the existence of goblins and fairies and such. We loved the movie, so theoretcially speaking the game should be fun.

It is, for me. It's a lot of "seek and find" before moving on to the next task. So the kids love to watch me play it, but they can't play it themselves very well. Tonight we are playing and let me tell you, these goblins they sound scary when they are creeping up on you outside. Sound is out on the TV and right as one of those sonsabitches attacks me the sound turns up loud enough that I'm certain my hard of hearing father in Florida probably heard the attack. Yeah, it was that loud. Bradan and Kenzie immediately start looking behind the couches and freaking out screaming and crying because for a goblin to be THAT loud they MUST be in the room with us.

Shit.

So much for getting them to finally sleep in their OWN beds. Now I'll be doing random Goblin checks and still end up with 4 in our queen sized bed. Who's stupid idea was it to buy this game anyway?

Shit. That was me.

I shouldn't be aloud to think. It never turns out well.

No comments: