Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's been one of those days. One of those days when I will be SO GLAD when it's bedtime. I love being a mom, and I love being a stay at home mom but there are days...like today. Days that I think it would just be easier to work 8-5 and come home to a meal prepared by my loving husband. Kiss the kids on the head, play with them for a few and then toss them in bed.

These days don't come regularly. Even on the worst days I don't usually feel this way but today...oh man today. Kenz and Bradan normally play well with each other. They don't normally fight, they share with one another, they can agree on what to watch during tv time. But ANTI Kenz and ANTI Bradan are hellians. Heathens, Satan's children sent to take over my children's bodies to punish me for all the sins I've ever committed on this earth.

They scream, cry and whine. They hit each other, they break things, they can't hear, they have no manners and they generally drive me NUTS. Today, they showed up on my doorstep. Around lunchtime I noticed that they had taken over my children's bodies and the last 7 hours have been unadulterated HELL.

Did I mention Brian didn't come home tonight? Work ran late and it's his last night of league so instead of coming home to change and say hello he went straight to the golf course. No break. Not even a 5 minute one. I'm feeling the need, the need for (a little captain in me) but I won't until the are safely tucked into their beds. But what I'm wondering is...6pm? Is that too early for bed?

I finally blew a gasket while making dinner. After the 845th time one of them came up and told me that the other hit them in the "I-am-the-whiniest-kid-in-the-universe" voice. I sent them to their bed in my "I-am-12-seconds-from-stringing-you-up-by-your-toenails-and-letting-the-dogs-lick-the -shit-out-of-you" voice. I told them to NOT come OUT until I said and NOT ONE SECOND before. I let them stew for about 15 minutes and then I told them they could come out.

I love how perceptive Bradan has become. Granted it only lasts about 15 minutes, maybe 20 but for that brief moment in time...he got it. He came into the kitchen where I was making dinner and asked me what he could do to help. It was ready so I didn't need any help and as soon as he started eating he told me how GOOD his hamburger was and how GOOD his tater tots were and DID HE MENTION HOW WONDERFUL THE GREEN BEANS WERE? oh and MOM WHERE DID YOU GET THIS MILK? IT'S GREAT!

Dinner at least was a peaceful meal, then the hellians returned and my moment of sanity vanished. I'm thinking baths and bed. Then I'm going to take a LONG HOT SHOWER and have a night cap.

1 comment:

Colleen Wold said...

Oh, Kris...you make me laugh! You are so wonderful with the way you share your stories. :) Granted I am not completely laughing at your story...I know how one of those days can go. So I sympathize with you! I hope you enjoy some much needed quiet time tonight. And hopefully tomorrow your precious little angels will show back up on your doorstep.