Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Look Out!

I can't exactly say how long it's been since I stamped something that I enjoyed and was actually proud to say I've done. I've been in a FUNK lately and I haven't been able to get out and nothing I touched would turn out well.

I finally got my first order from the new SU! catalog Monday and I had ordered the Washington Apple paper on a whim. I wasn't even sure if I'd like it. Turns out, I LOVE IT.

I immediately made these cards and I liked them so well I decided we'd do them at stamp club this month.



Then I got my Urban Garden paper last night which has been on backorder and made these cards and low and behold I luffed them too! So again, stamp club. WOOOHOOO!!



I agreed in the spring to do a Christian Women's Retreat at Camp Lakeview a local Christian camp. (Hey I bet you coulda figured that part out without me actually pointing it out couldn't ya?) Anyway it's getting CLOSE and I've been trying to decide what I should do. Cards? Alterables? Then the other night it hit me. It's a Christian Women's Retreat. How cool would it be to make altered prayer journals? Then I decided we also needed to make bookmarks, and I'm hoping to throw in a few cards. (I'm waiting on a glorious friend to send me the set I want to use...it was INCREDIBLY nice of her to offer to send it to me since she doesn't use it :):):))

So today I sat down and started working on it. I decided I'll just use whatever random designer papers I have laying around and while each persons cards/bookmark and journal will all coordinate they won't all be the same papers that way I don't have to spend money buying all the same kind of paper. Here is the example I made today, that I'll probably keep for myself!



7 comments:

Colleen Wold said...

Kris - your cards are gorgeous! I love all that paper! And the Prayer Journal and Bookmark turned out great! I think it will be the perfect project!

Jessica said...

And...your mojo is back!! I love everything and the church ladies will love their projects!

Rachel Hope said...

Oooo, I love everything! The colors and layouts are awesome! I just got my Upsy Daisy stamp the other day and yuou have inspired me!

Tammi said...

Wow Kris, these are all so pretty!! It's nice that your stamping again!! Those ladies are all in for a treat, what a great idea for them.

Taylored Greetings said...

Kris! You rock! Congrats on being so productive!

Kimberly said...

Kris all of your cards are fabulous. Love the colors and papers you used!!! And your prayer journal and bookmark turned out perfect!!!!!!

Leslie said...

All of these cards rock! I love the prayer journal too!